Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MBP not detecting 5GHz Channel 144

Hi Everyone,

Need some help with an issue I'm having with a Mid 2012 15" MBP.

My 5GHz channel is setup to use channel 144 for wifi. This channel gets the best speeds and signal in my apartment so I don't want to change to another channel. The issue is, the channel doesn't show as a supported channel in System Information for the MBP. I've read that this channel was recently opened for use in 2013/2014 by the FCC so there isn't a restriction on it anymore.

My question is... is there a way that I can enable this channel on the MBP so that I can connect to my 5GHz network maybe through terminal or some other update?

Below is my system information and a screenshot of the supported channels. 144 is the only channel missing of the standard 5GHz channels... kind of annoying haha. This is also happening on a 2013 13" MBP. All other Apple devices I have work fine on this 5GHz network so it's not an issue with the network, just these two MBPs.

Both the 2012 15" and the 2013 13" are running 10.13.3 fully up to date.

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro with Retina display, macOS High Sierra (10.13.3), Wifi Connectivity

Posted on Mar 11, 2018 2:54 PM

Similar questions

There are no replies.

MBP not detecting 5GHz Channel 144

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.