Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: On ITV hub, I get the message "sorry, this video does not support AirPlay mirroring " when I try to stream through (older) Apple TV.

I want to play video through ITV hub using an Apple TV. I get the message that the video does not support airplay mirroring. I have tried using the new Apple TV app, but still cannot get it to connect. Do I need an Apple TV 4?

iPhone 5s, iOS 11.2.6, Older Apple TV

Posted on

Page content loaded

Mar 12, 2018 2:45 AM in response to vazandrew In response to vazandrew

Thank you. Should I contact the developer to see what their plans for compatibility are? Also, I have tried accessing ITV television through Safari; it works to an extent, but I only get a limited TV screen size, and the signal drops frequently, either to the phone or the Apple TV. Any suggestions?

Mar 12, 2018 2:45 AM

Reply Helpful

Mar 13, 2018 4:37 AM in response to Busiman54 In response to Busiman54

Hi Busiman54,

Another option would be to purchase a Lightning Digital AV Adapter - Apple (UK) and plug this straight into the TV. This will then duplicate the devices display and should work. Other alternative would be to run ITV from a website on a laptop and plug straight in.

I say should as I have not tested this myself with the ITV app, but the adaptor definately works. And please bear in mind, the adaptor requires a lightning power cable for best results.

Hope this helps.

A.

Mar 13, 2018 4:37 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: Busiman54

Question: On ITV hub, I get the message "sorry, this video does not support AirPlay mirroring " when I try to stream through (older) Apple TV.