Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App won’t delete from cloud

i deleted the WhatsApp Messanger from my iPhone X, it’s nowhere to be found on any of my devices. But when I go to my cloud it’s still there under “manage storage” using 6.8mb. When I open that it only gives me the option to “delete data” which I did but still says the same thing. I no longer want this app on my phone at all. Any ideas.

User uploaded file

iPhone X, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on Mar 11, 2018 3:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 11, 2018 4:15 PM

Yeah, erasing data isn't going to remove stuff from your iCloud. You can view iCloud storage by following the instructions here: Manage your iCloud storage - Apple Support

Stuff that is saved on iCloud is visible on your iPhone through the 'Files' app (should be on your iPhone unless you have an older iOS).

5 replies

Mar 11, 2018 11:00 PM in response to tclark7992

iCloud has many parts, and the Files portion represents what is saved in iCloud Drive only. Backups and backed up app data are not in iCloud Drive, they are in iCloud, along with iCloud-sync'd data like Contacts, Calendars, etc.

The Whatsapp data should have been deleted when you tapped on it and then tapped on Delete Data. If it is still showing some data, then you can try deleting it again, and if it does not remove it, then try resetting your device:

On an iPhone X, iPhone 8, or iPhone 8 Plus: Press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Then, press and hold the Side button until you see the Apple logo.

See if that removes the line item from the list altogether. If it doesn't, post back, as you may need to back up your device and then restore it to see if that will clean up the hanging threads.

Here is a User Tip on iCloud and its various parts. It might be a good idea to take a look at it because it explains what each of the different pieces of iCloud do as well as what you can and cannot see in iCloud: iCloud Deconstructed | Communities

Best of luck,

GB

App won’t delete from cloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.