Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

authoring dvds

I am still using dvds, unlike many people now. There is still a need for me to author dvds with bespoke menus and to add buttons, text and design at that stage of the process. Can anyone tell me what is out there, for the mac platform, comparable to the defunct DVD studio pro?

MacBook Pro, OS X El Capitan (10.11.6), 17inch

Posted on Mar 11, 2018 5:11 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

Mar 11, 2018 5:59 PM in response to simonjw

Adobe Encore CS6 is end-of-life as well, although you can still get it optionally with the Creative Cloud subscription.

All the others are, ehm, more aimed at a different audience. I don’t think the template based menus of some would suit you. Some names to check: DVD Styler, Open DVD Producer, Cisdem DVD Burner, Voilabits DVDCreator, Roxio Toast, DVDFab DVD Creator, 4Media DVD Creator. I’m sure the Mac App Store has many others.

If you can afford to, you should set a vintage machine apart (or multi-boot) to do DVD Studio Pro. (Snow Leopard might be optimal?)

authoring dvds

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.