Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Restoring Pages

I backed up my Macbook Air with Time Machine (to an external hard drive), then reset it to factory settings. Now I can't edit any of my documents because Pages can't be installed - I get the following message 'because OS X version 10.12 or later is required' - What's going on? Anyone have a clue how I can sort this so I can edit my files?

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Mar 11, 2018 9:59 PM

6 replies

Mar 12, 2018 3:27 AM in response to joannesaunders91

Start by giving us some actionable information. What specific numeric version of OS X/macOS do you currently have installed. What specific numeric version of Pages was installed before you replaced the operating system, and what version is now installed — if any?

The current version (Pages v6.3.1) in the Mac App Store requires macOS Sierra or later to be installed. Apple does not keep older versions of Pages for download.

You will have to restore the correct version of Pages for your current operating system from your Time Machine backup, or use Pages for iCloud, provided that you use it on copies of any Pages '08/'09 documents you want to keep in their original format.

Restoring Pages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.