Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

E-mails on a shared account deleting off both devices

Hello all,

Yesterday I noticed that my e-mail account was not functioning on my iPhone. It was not receiving incoming e-mails. The account (Comcast) was working fine though on a PC and other devices. I deleted the e-mail account on my iPhone and reinstalled and it then seemed to work fine. My wife and I share this Comcast account and she has it on her iPhone as well.

We noticed this morning that when I delete an e-mail on my iPhone, it now gets deleted off her phone as well. This did not used to be the case. I could send a message to the trash bin on my phone, but it would still show as unread on her phone when she checked e-mail later in the day. We'd like to have that set-up again but I can't find how to do so. I've looked in settings and I'm at a loss.

If anyone has a work around or an idea on what I've done to change our previous setup I'd appreciate the help.

Cheers,

Billy B

iPhone 6, iOS 11.2

Posted on Mar 12, 2018 6:46 AM

Similar questions

5 replies

Mar 12, 2018 7:29 AM in response to Michael Black

Thanks Michael. I probably used the wrong term in “shared.” It’s a Comcast e-mail account that we both have access to, in that we both have the user name and password. We can, and do, access this account from multiple locations and devices. But in the past when I would delete e-mails that I’d read from this account on my iPhone, hers would not be impacted. They would still be in her inbox as unread until she accessed them on her phone. Wondering what I did to change that? Thanks again.

E-mails on a shared account deleting off both devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.