Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MusicXML export file staff problem

When I try to import my Music XML export file from a piano track into Sibelius I get this Message:

The selected instruments occupy more staves than were found in the import file.

Does anybody know what to do about this?

tnks

Logic Pro X, macOS High Sierra (10.13.3)

Posted on Mar 12, 2018 1:42 PM

9 replies

Mar 13, 2018 7:48 PM in response to Divaco

Also - another item to try is that the first clef in piece needs to be defined by the staff style clef and not by one you drag in from the part box.

Look at the region event list (see example below) and see if there is a clef meta event. It would look something like the item below in blue - if you see this - select it and delete it (press the delete key). Then try your music xml export from Logic and re-import into 3rd party software...

what is likely happening is the 3rd party software sees the staff definition with the clef and then sees another one ( that you manually inserted) and thinks there are two staffs. One at 1,1,1,1 as defined by the staff style and the other at 1,1,1,1 which you dragged in... so a conflict exists.

So deleting the manual one - should solve the problem

User uploaded file

Mar 13, 2018 4:00 AM in response to Divaco

I made an piano track in Logic X Pro and made after that a MusicXML file from that. Also I tried to import an Midi file from LogicXpro into Sibelius. at that moment I see only one F-Cleff for the two parts from the piano track. Also I importtje export file from Logic X por in Musicscore I have the same problem. Only one staff is imported.

This all do I have only after updating Logic X pro recently.

At this moment I cann't send you the XMLfile. After 18:00 PM today I can.

tnks for your reaction

MusicXML export file staff problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.