Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Inaccurate HR Reading While Sleeping?

I've had my Series 2 watch for about 8 months now. I've worn it off and on to bed, but most weeks will at least wear it for 3-4 nights to get a better idea of my resting heart rate (usually somewhere between 58-60). A couple nights ago I wore it to bed and it recorded the following data at about 4:00am:

User uploaded file

User uploaded file
As you can imagine, I'm a little freaked out. I've never seen anything like this in the 8 months I've been wearing it, let alone while I was sleeping, and I didn't wake up suddenly feeling all out of sorts or have any chest pain, etc. I have to think that this is a fluke. If it weren't, I think I would have seen something similar by now if I've been wearing it to bed so consistently.

The day before this occurred, my watch read 144 bpm while I was sitting in a car and I held my hand to my neck to take my pulse and verify it couldn't be accurate. Inaccurate readings tend to happen for me with the series 2 cyclically and only stop after restarting the watch if I've worn it for a couple weeks without doing so.

Full disclosure: I also went to the doctor just in case and they didn't really have much of an explanation except to discount the errant readings. Has this happened to anyone else with the Series 2?

Apple Watch Series 2, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on Mar 12, 2018 2:57 PM

Similar questions

There are no replies.

Inaccurate HR Reading While Sleeping?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.