Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Vo2 Max readings wildly incorrect.

Either my Apple Watch & health app is predicting my impending death, or the Vo2 Max readings, & heart rate readings are wildly incorrect!

My Apple Watch has been taking Vo2 max readings since Nov 2020. It started above average at 50.2.

Its progressively got lower for every reading (25 readings) since then, & is now saying I have a Vo2 max of 44.5.

Why is this unusual?

4 months ago, when I started using the watch, I was a heavy smoker, did no exercise outside of work, was very unhealthy & stressed. In the 4 months since, I’ve completely turned my health around, work out all the time, eat healthy & don’t smoke. My body and mind have completely & visibly transformed.

how is it possible that I’m getting significantly worse Vo2 readings when it should be going the other way?!

on another note, I’ve also noted that heart readings can vary massively, by 20bpm in a matter of seconds, that’s just wildly inaccurate when benchmarking against other heart rate equipment.

ive tried all the resetting & updating to no avail.

How can Apple sell such wildly inaccurate equipment?

Posted on Feb 16, 2021 1:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 16, 2021 7:08 AM

Try resetting the fitness calibration data

From your iPhone>Watch>Privacy>Reset Fitness Calibration Data>Tap this

You will just get a confirmation box that tells you that your metrics will not be as good if you do this.

Tap confirm and do it. You will get nothing else, no confirmation but it is done.

Then go for a 20 minute outdoor run or walk using the workout app at your normal speed on a flat road/path etc

This will re-calibrate the watch

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 16, 2021 7:08 AM in response to simplespy

Try resetting the fitness calibration data

From your iPhone>Watch>Privacy>Reset Fitness Calibration Data>Tap this

You will just get a confirmation box that tells you that your metrics will not be as good if you do this.

Tap confirm and do it. You will get nothing else, no confirmation but it is done.

Then go for a 20 minute outdoor run or walk using the workout app at your normal speed on a flat road/path etc

This will re-calibrate the watch

Vo2 Max readings wildly incorrect.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.