Announcement: Upgrade to macOS Mojave

With features like Dark Mode, Stacks, and four new built-in apps, macOS Mojave helps you get more out of every click. 
Find out how to upgrade to macOS Mojave > https://support.apple.com/macos/mojave

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Using Numbers as a timecard

My boss just switched my desktop to an iMac running os High Sierra version 10.13.3 & I'm responsible for making my own time sheets. I have been using Microsoft excel for years and I tried using the same cell formulas to calculate my hours and total pay but it's not working.

I have the basic Log In, Out Lunch, In Lunch, Log Out, Total Hours, Total Pay but I don't know what formula to use to calculate the Total hours cell.

I have figured out the formula for Total Pay already, which also is a different formula than excel. I love working on this new iMac but I'm a little frustrated trying to create my timesheet.

iMac, iOS 10.3.3

Posted on

Page content loaded

Mar 13, 2018 11:11 AM in response to linamalu In response to linamalu

There are a couple of really easy ways to do it, either by simple addition or by using DUR2HOURS. The result is the same either way, just formatted hours : minutes or decimal hours, your choice:

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Much more help available here: Numbers for Mac

Numbers takes some getting used to but I don't need Excel any more.

Mar 13, 2018 11:11 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: linamalu

Question: Using Numbers as a timecard