Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Has the bug fix been released?

I have same issue and it started since I switched to Verizon X 3 weeks ago. Very frustrating

MacBook Pro, iOS 5.1.1, iCal events

Posted on

Page content loaded

Mar 12, 2018 8:09 PM in response to lyndafromfl In response to lyndafromfl

Please provide us with some context. The only link that other community members see, is that you posted this to the “Using iPhone” section. We’re good, but not mind-readers.

A bug fix for what? Same as who or what? What is the issue that you experienced?

Writing an effective Apple Support Communities question

Mar 12, 2018 8:09 PM

Reply Helpful

Mar 13, 2018 8:14 AM in response to Urquhart1244 In response to Urquhart1244

Sorry for the lack of info...am brand new to these support convos. I was responding to a thread where my phone's symptoms were laid out over and over again by many users having the same issue. Am unsure how my question was a solitary question, except that it was an old thread. No solution was ever laid out...the last answer was that there was "a bug fix in the works."

Anyway, Problem: Visual voicemail: before iOS 11, a brand, new VM automatically played upon tapping it. Now, I have to hit the little arrow for it to play, (it's worse when the VM is long and the arrow is below the VM's text), but then, it doesn't play, rather, another VM plays. I end up tapping all over the VMs trying to get the correct one to play. Every once in awhile one ends up deleted when I'm frustrated.

Have had an iPhone since the 3, so I know this is a problem and not just me, especially since there are others who were having this problem in the other thread.

Thanks in advance!

Mar 13, 2018 8:14 AM

Reply Helpful

Mar 13, 2018 8:27 AM in response to lyndafromfl In response to lyndafromfl

Do you have Raise to Listen enabled on your phone? Go to Settings > Messages and go to Raise to Listen. I have mine to set to on. When I get a voice message, I just raise my phone to my ear to listen to the message. I have not encountered any bug at all.

Mar 13, 2018 8:27 AM

Reply Helpful

Mar 14, 2018 7:37 AM in response to rbrylawski In response to rbrylawski

Thank you for your answer and this would be a nice solution but, I do not particularly want this setting enabled. I

As I said, I have owned an iPhone since the first 3. It has always acted like this: when there is a new VM, tap the unheard VM and it automatically plays.

Now, the behavior of my original post is the norm.

Mar 14, 2018 7:37 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: lyndafromfl

Question: Has the bug fix been released?