Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where can i one bug signify?

I noticed one bug on my iPhone 8 with the newest IOS.

Posted on May 31, 2018 2:08 PM

8 replies

Jun 1, 2018 2:05 PM in response to balázsfromhungary

It is not a bug. A bug is something that doesn't work the way it was designed. The Mute switch on the iPhone is working the way it was designed to work. It silences some things, but not others that it would make no sense to silence. Why would you play music if you didn't want to listen to it? If your wakeup alarm did not sound because you left the switch in Mute position you would be justifiably annoyed. If you couldn't hear the caller on a phone call because the mute switch was on that would be pretty stupid. Note that it will silence the ring if you have "vibrate" enabled. If you don't the phone will still ring; otherwise, how would you know someone was calling you? The mute function has been well thought out and refined in the 10 years since the iPhone was released.

Note that this forum is not a way to communicate with Apple. It is a user-to-user technical support forum. Apple does not participate. If you want to present an opinion to Apple use https://apple.com/feedback.

Where can i one bug signify?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.