Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Photos don't appear from my iPhone

I have just downloaded High Sierra and since then when I plug in my iPhone to the Mac desktop it goes automatically to photos , and I check iPhone in the sidebar no photos appear to download. Nothing happens and I really need these photos off my phone

MacBook Pro, Yosemite 10.10.4

Posted on

Page content loaded

Mar 13, 2018 1:35 AM in response to Kiwigirl47 In response to Kiwigirl47

It looks like you need to sign in to your Apple ID on your Mac to induce the photos download:

1. On your Mac, go to System Preferences > iCloud

2. Click the Options button next to Photos.

3. Select iCloud Photo Library.

User uploaded file

iCloud Photo Library - Apple Support

Mar 13, 2018 1:35 AM

Reply Helpful

Mar 13, 2018 1:44 AM in response to Kiwigirl47 In response to Kiwigirl47

Hi thanks for your prompt reply. I had wanted to use the second option and only download photos from other devices not download all of the icloud photos back onto my computer. Does that make sense? Therefore I don't want to click your suggested option but the one below.

Mar 13, 2018 1:44 AM

Reply Helpful

Mar 13, 2018 2:55 AM in response to Kiwigirl47 In response to Kiwigirl47

What are the Settings for iCloud on your iPhone? Is iCloud Photo Library enabled on the iPhone? If the iPhone is running iOS 11, iCloud Photo Library may have become enabled on the iPhone, and then not all photos will appear in the import panel on your Mac, because the originals may only be in iCloud and not on the iPhone. In that case connect the iPhone to Wi-Fi and view all photos enlarged to force the download from iCloud, before you connect it to the USB port to download the photos.

If you just upgraded to High Sierra, make sure you update iTunes to the newest version. Then run iTunes at least once with the iPhone connected. This will allow you to confirm on the iPhone that it can trust the Mac.

Mar 13, 2018 2:55 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: Kiwigirl47

Question: Photos don't appear from my iPhone