Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Downgrade OS Due To Slow Mac After Upgrade

I have a 20 inch iMac. It's years old. Originally it had Snow Leopard, now it's updated to Yosemite.

Since the update to Yosemite, my Mac is extremely slow. It's non response to clicks for 10-20 seconds.

I did everything possible to make it fast but nothing has worked so far.

Finally, I realized that Apple should not have let old Mac's update to their latest OS because it makes old Mac's **** slow.

I want to do the obvious thing - downgrade it back to the original OS - Snow Leopard.

BUT...

Like most Mac's my DVD drive had gone corrupt just in a year. So despite of having a DVD of Snow Leopard, I cannot install it.

Please help me with some option through which I can install the old OS in my iMac to make it usable again.

iMac, iOS 10

Posted on Mar 13, 2018 4:26 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Mar 16, 2018 4:18 AM in response to fakhruddinkhambaty

There could be a lot of other things that are making your Mac slow.

It maybe as simple as installing more RAM.

There could be other stuff in your system causing issues.

Before we go through a long and very tedious procedure of going backward, back to OS X 10.6.8 Snow Leopard

It would help us to help you if we could have some more technical info about your Mac.

If you like, please go ahead and download, install and run Etrecheck.

Etrecheck was developed as a simple Mac diagnostic report tool by one of our regular Apple Support forum users and technical support contributors, named Etresoft.

Etrecheck is a small, unobstrusive app that compiles a static snapshot of your entire Mac hardware system and installed software.

This is a free app that has been honestly created to provided help in diagnosing issues with Macs running the newer versions of OS X.

It is not malware and can be safely downloaded and installed onto your Mac.

http://www.etresoft.com/etrecheck

Copy/paste and post its report here in another reply thread so that we have a complete profile of your Mac's hardware and installed software so we can all help with your Mac performance issues.

Thank You.

Downgrade OS Due To Slow Mac After Upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.