Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I know if my phone is being hacked?

I would like to know how do I know if my iphone 6s is being hacked and how I can prevent that.

iPhone 6s, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on Mar 13, 2018 7:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 13, 2018 2:44 PM

I have the same question, however I'm sure they had access to my phone briefly and my password. I have already changed my account and password info from another computer and location. Before I make my update I need to try and verify if it is jail broken or some sort of spy app installed. I was caught off guard, but that wont happen again! Could you possibly tell me roughly what I should find? I'm 99.9 percent positive about this.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 13, 2018 2:44 PM in response to Kurt Lang

I have the same question, however I'm sure they had access to my phone briefly and my password. I have already changed my account and password info from another computer and location. Before I make my update I need to try and verify if it is jail broken or some sort of spy app installed. I was caught off guard, but that wont happen again! Could you possibly tell me roughly what I should find? I'm 99.9 percent positive about this.

Mar 13, 2018 3:10 PM in response to justmeathome

If you see the app Cydia on your iPhone, then someone has jailbroken it. Macworld has steps on how to get the iPhone back to factory condition without losing your data.

If you don't see that, look for other apps you don't recognize and remove them. For instance, there are numerous tracking apps available on the App Store you would want to get rid of.

Changing your iCloud password will keep others who used to know it out of your account. For you iPhone, change the lock screen numeric password so if someone else knew that, they wouldn't even be able to get at the home screen.

Mar 13, 2018 7:13 AM in response to floralbafrombronx

Unless you've jailbroken your iPhone, hacking an iOS device is nearly impossible.

The real worry is if someone else knows, or guesses your Apple ID name and password. With that information, a person could get into your iCloud account and lock you out of your own phone, the account itself (by changing the password) and other unpleasant things. If that happens, it's still not the iPhone that's been hacked, but rather your account.

Solution? First and foremost, use a strong password. 123456, password, and other simple, easily guessed or breakable passwords are a good way to lose control of your own account. Second. Do not give out your ID name and password to anyone else, other than your spouse or other person you can truly trust to never divulge that information to others. My wife and I know each other's account names and passwords, so in case of an emergency, the other is not locked out of their own spouse's phone.

How do I know if my phone is being hacked?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.