Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to view the filename of a photo/video in photo app in iphone

I have the following problem:

I have several videos synchronized to my iphone 6+ using itunes or transferred by airdrop; and because the first frames are in black they all have the same thumbnail. Is there a way to view the filename in photos app so I know which one should I play?

Thanks,

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on Mar 13, 2018 2:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 14, 2018 5:49 AM

Photos does not reveal the filenames. For photos you can use photo editing extensions like viewexif or metapho, but I Do not know, if there are similar extensions for videos.

It would be better to edit the videos on your computer to add a title frame, so the thumbnails will not be black. Or trim them on the iPhone.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 14, 2018 5:49 AM in response to irulas

Photos does not reveal the filenames. For photos you can use photo editing extensions like viewexif or metapho, but I Do not know, if there are similar extensions for videos.

It would be better to edit the videos on your computer to add a title frame, so the thumbnails will not be black. Or trim them on the iPhone.

How to view the filename of a photo/video in photo app in iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.