Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MACBOOK SCREEN DIED!

As a mobile conversation on March 13, 2018 to Apple Ireland, around 2:30 pm, having been guided in order to bring the MacBook to an Apple Authorized Center, I went to the indicated place, in which I reported the situation of the MacBook to the technician who was at the location and the same promptly tried to identify the problem.

Running some tests came to the conclusion that the Macbook screen had died, blacked out, I confronted him with the fact that this abnormal situation has happened and the same said that it was customary since it was a machine, now made me a budget of about 600 euros for the screen replacement.

So I invested my money in an Apple computer, I was writing my doctoral thesis when the screen went out, died, I do not know what happened to my thesis, what is the current state of it, this has caused me a personal and professional disorder Immeasurable.

I have been very well attended by Apple Ireland Support, whenever I have made contact to solve this problem, at this point my Macbook is completely useless.

I have never heard from colleagues and family members of an identical situation with computers of other brands, so that I made a high investment in an Apple machine and I have a Macbook that serves no purpose!

I hope that I can continue to trust and buy equipment from Apple.

Thank you very much for your diligence

Kindest Regards

MacBook Air, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on Mar 14, 2018 5:55 AM

Similar questions

5 replies

Mar 16, 2018 4:27 PM in response to luamalta01

The aluminium chassis gives a sense of quality, and it's easy to be impressed. It feels very good to touch and hold. But that doen't help when the funtional components are having quality issues, from lose screen hinges to bad quality components in the electrical circuits, a bad quality graphics chip causing horisontal lines on the screen and an incredibly underdimensioned cooling system. I also see a lot of iPhone 6 and 6 Plus which gets "Touch Disease" due to the chassis being very easy to bend. I work at a store where we repair a lot of Macs and iPhones.

I guess you can compare it to a car, like for example a Tesla. The interior inside feels very nice and high quality, but that nice leather interior will say nothing about how often the car will die on the road because of a bad battery connection or how many times the battery and the drive unit will be replaced under warranty.

MACBOOK SCREEN DIED!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.