Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: sharing/exporting my project

To export a recent project, I used "apple devices 1080p" and then H.264. But when I uploaded to Vimeo, I got a message warning me that my audio bit rate was lower than needed for a video with 2 channels - namely it was 107 kbit/s. I fixed the problem by exporting as Apple Pro Res 422--I used LT, but might try again as Proxy. Can someone tell me if Proxy is fine (as opposed to LT), and why I might have had this problem to begin with?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, iOS 10.0.3

Posted on

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies

Page content loaded

Mar 15, 2018 5:26 AM in response to Tom Wolsky In response to Tom Wolsky

about problems with H.264, see my initial question: The audio did not come out at a high enough bit rate. Any ideas why?

now i see that i have the option of exporting, under H.264, as quicktime movie or "multitrack quicktime movie." i need to learn more about audio to know the difference.

When I look at my "share" options, I see that Proxy produces a bigger file than H.264. Why is that the case, if it's lower quality than H.264?

Mar 15, 2018 5:26 AM

Reply Helpful

Mar 15, 2018 5:30 AM in response to ilanafrombrooklyn In response to ilanafrombrooklyn

Proxy is an I-frame codec. Each frame compressed individually. Great for production, which is its purpose, not as small as possible with a GOP codec like H.264 and others.

Try QuickTime or the computer option.

Mar 15, 2018 5:30 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: ilanafrombrooklyn

Question: sharing/exporting my project