Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Old pioneer + Apple TV via HDMI not working

Hi! I am trying to set up a Pioneer PDP 4270HD with apple TV 4K drectly via HDMI port from Pioneer to Apple TV and I get absolutely nothing. I followed the instructions in the original Pioneer manual, chose the input (5), pressed home menu, Option, HDMI Input, chose Video and tried each video signal choice under HDMI input and none worked, including auto. I then tried moving the HDMI cable to the other port (input 6) and did everything again - but again, I get absolutely nothing - no picture/no sound. It seems as if it should be so simple - but its not, for some reason. I checked all of the threads, but their circumstances were different as I am going directly from the TV to the Apple TV without any additional equipment. I would greatly appreciate any help you can provide in trying to figure this out.

Apple TV 4K

Posted on Mar 15, 2018 9:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 16, 2018 6:41 AM

It would have made more sense to get the 4th gen or wait until you had a 4K set as you won't see any difference, as it is your set is barely capable of 720P. However, have you tried another HDMI cable?

Similar questions

7 replies

Mar 15, 2018 6:29 PM in response to vazandrew

Thank you for your reply - yes - I did try a different cable. Do you think the cable TV box has anythng to do with this issue? although the cable box is not connected to HDMI on the TV set, perhaps it affects the set up? I will swap the 4k out for an older apple TV in a couple of months. But for now, it is easiest to set this one up as I won't have access to the older one for several months. So barring a bad HDMI cable, you can't think of another solution? what do I do?

Old pioneer + Apple TV via HDMI not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.