Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

optimise storage on yet iPhone full

My Photos library currently contains around 19,000 photos and 1,000 videos and takes up 160Gb space in my iCloud storage and on my MacBook Air where I download all originals to. I love having all my photos on my iPhone 6 (16Gb) and so have iCloud Photo Library enabled there too with Optimise iPhone Storage enabled so only low quality versions of photos are stored on the phone.

As Optimise Storage is enabled I would expect that, as per the name, the storage on my iPhone is managed so that it doesn't fill up completely and that if I want to take new photos / videos the phone will allow this however this is not the case. Despite having very low quality images on the phone when I take a short video the phone fills up not allowing me to take more.

Please help with how I get iCloud to manage the storage better so that I can still use the camera on my phone while still having all my photos on my phone.

Posted on Mar 15, 2018 12:25 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

Mar 15, 2018 2:12 PM in response to Andy's Alias

If your device is showing it is out of storage, then you must have too many photos for even Optimization to prevent from your running out of storage on the device. With a 16GB iOS device, you really aren't going to be able to access a library from the size yours sounds to be.

You may have to look to offloading some of the photos you have on iCloud to a separate Library, or see if you can find a Cloud Storage facility that could house photos you have moved to a separate Cloud library.

Best of luck,

GB

optimise storage on yet iPhone full

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.