Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone screen went black but it's still on??

Everything was fine but then an app crashed and my screen went black; however, I can still use Siri and it still vibrates when it charges, although nothing shows up on the screen. I can't connect to iTunes on my computer and I've tried pressing the sleep/wake button, the home button, sleep/wake button + home button for 10 seconds, and nothing has worked!! :/ I cracked my screen a few days ago but I'm pretty sure it had something to do with the app crashing. What do I do?? Can I get it back??? Thanks!

iPhone 8 Plus

Posted on Mar 15, 2018 8:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 16, 2018 10:18 AM

You are using iPhone 8 Plus where Apple has changed the way to force restart the iPhone

Follow the current procedure:

1. Press and quickly release the volume up button.

2. Press and quickly release the volume down button.

3. Press and hold the Side button ( also known as the power button ) until you see the Apple logo.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 16, 2018 10:18 AM in response to mj369

You are using iPhone 8 Plus where Apple has changed the way to force restart the iPhone

Follow the current procedure:

1. Press and quickly release the volume up button.

2. Press and quickly release the volume down button.

3. Press and hold the Side button ( also known as the power button ) until you see the Apple logo.

My iPhone screen went black but it's still on??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.