Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Control which PDF page Preview opens to?

Whenever I open a multi-page PDF document in Preview, it always opens the document to somewhere in the middle of the document (halfway through), or toward the end. It opens to a random page # each time.

Is there a way I can force preview to open PDF documents to the first page/cover page?

Or is this a setting that was set when the document was created using Adobe Acrobat? (The behavior is consistent among all PDFs so I'm assuming it's something to do with Preview).

It's a pain having to scroll all the way to the top of the PDF each time.

Thanks!

Mac OS X El Capitan v 10.11.6.

UPDATED TO ADD:

I discovered the preferences setting that controls the PDF opening to the last viewed page, but that doesn't fix the problem.

I discovered that the issue is that Preview will only open a document to the first page that doesn't have a full background photo.

Is this a bug or is it supposed to be like this?

I checked with a variety of different documents and they were all like that.

Mac Pro, OS X El Capitan (10.11.6), null

Posted on Mar 15, 2018 11:20 PM

There are no replies.

Control which PDF page Preview opens to?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.