Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Email crashing when trying to add event Siri found

First off, I have an iPhone X and phone has latest software update of iOS 11.2.6. I'm using the mail app and the mail is from my gmail account.

I booked a couple tickets and when I received the confirmation, I get the --> Siri found 2 Events <-- at the top
of the email. This is all great, but when I tap on the view, the whole mail app just crashes and closes. I've tried shutting down the phone and restarting but it doesn't help. Can anyone help me please? I'm at a loss. 😕

Thank you!
User uploaded file

iPhone X, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on Mar 16, 2018 8:00 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Mar 16, 2018 8:22 PM in response to TeeTeeK20

Hi there TeeTeeK20!

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. From your post, I understand that if you try to tap the Siri Calendar event found in your email, the Mail app becomes unresponsive and then unexpectedly quits. I'm happy to help!

Based now hat you've described, I'd recommend the following steps from If an app unexpectedly quits, stops responding, or won’t open - Apple Support :

If an app unexpectedly quits, stops responding, or won’t open

If an app on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple Watch, or Apple TV stops responding, follow these steps to get help.

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Force quit the app

User uploaded file

• iPhone, iPad, iPod touch: Close the app and open it again.
  • Apple Watch: With the app open, press and hold the side button to show the power options. Then press and hold the Digital Crown to quit the app.
  • Apple TV: Double press the User uploaded file button and swipe left or right to find the app with the issue. Then swipe up to close the app.

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Restart your device

User uploaded file

Restart your iOS device, Apple Watch, or Apple TV. Then open the app to see if it works as expected.

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Check for updates

User uploaded file

Make sure that your device has the latest version of iOS, watchOS, or tvOS.

Then check for app updates. For iOS and Apple Watch apps, go to the App Store on your iOS device. Tap Updates. If an update is available, tap Update. If asked, enter your Apple ID and password. You might need a Wi-Fi connection to update some apps on your iOS device.

On your Apple TV, it's best to go to Settings > Apps and turn on Automatically Update Apps. If you don't have automatic updates turned on, you can open the App Store, go to the Purchased tab, and open an app's product page to see if an update is available.

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Delete and reinstall the app

User uploaded file

• iPhone, iPad, iPod touch: Delete the app, then redownload it from the App Store.
  • Apple TV: Highlight the app on the Home screen, then press and hold the Touch surface until the app jiggles. Press User uploaded file, then select Delete. Open the App Store and redownload the app. Some apps require subscriptions for activation. If you can't activate the app or you don’t remember your sign-in information, contact the app developer.
  • Apple Watch: Open the Watch app on your iPhone and tap the My Watch tab. Scroll to the app you want to remove, then tap it. Turn off Show App on Apple Watch, and wait for it to disappear from your watch's Home screen. To reinstall the app, scroll down to Available Apps in the My Watch tab and tap Install.

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Contact the app developer

User uploaded file

If you tried the steps above and still need help, contact the app developer.

User uploaded file

Learn more

Get help with unfamiliar charges and in-app purchases.

If you can’t install or update an app, or if it’s stuck waiting, learn what to do.

Get help with audio, video, or power on Apple TV.

If you’re still having trouble, contact Apple Support. You might be directed to the app developer as the best resource for help.

Have a great day!

Email crashing when trying to add event Siri found

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.