Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 11.4 Mail issue - iPhone 8+

When I open a message, only on my iPhone, and scroll thru it (if it's a longer message) or thru the string of messages, the phone flickers and jumps to a bunch of other random messages and strings usually from my trash. Happens all the time, to the point where I really can't read emails on my phone.

Seems to only occur on one email account (business account) and not on my gmail

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 11.4

Posted on Jul 3, 2018 8:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 4, 2018 6:13 AM

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities, Roodman5505!

I understand you're having an issue with viewing your business mail via your iPhone 8 Plus, where your email will scroll through and even show messages that have been trashed. I'd be happy to help out with any information that may resolve this issue.

Let's start with the basics: Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Restart your iPhone 8 or earlier, iPad, or iPod touch

1. Press and hold the Top (or Side) button until the slider appears.
  2. Drag the slider to turn your device completely off.*
  3. After the device turns off, press and hold the Top (or Side) button again until you see the Apple logo.

Then, if the issue persists, you may want to re-add your email account. Make sure to have a backup of your emails if you have a POP account.

Add an email account to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
However, if the issue persists after attempting these steps, please answer the following:
1. Does this happen on any other iOS or macOS devices, if available?
2. Do you have a POP account?
Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.
Have a great day!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 4, 2018 6:13 AM in response to Roodman5505

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities, Roodman5505!

I understand you're having an issue with viewing your business mail via your iPhone 8 Plus, where your email will scroll through and even show messages that have been trashed. I'd be happy to help out with any information that may resolve this issue.

Let's start with the basics: Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Restart your iPhone 8 or earlier, iPad, or iPod touch

1. Press and hold the Top (or Side) button until the slider appears.
  2. Drag the slider to turn your device completely off.*
  3. After the device turns off, press and hold the Top (or Side) button again until you see the Apple logo.

Then, if the issue persists, you may want to re-add your email account. Make sure to have a backup of your emails if you have a POP account.

Add an email account to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
However, if the issue persists after attempting these steps, please answer the following:
1. Does this happen on any other iOS or macOS devices, if available?
2. Do you have a POP account?
Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.
Have a great day!

iOS 11.4 Mail issue - iPhone 8+

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.