Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple watch S3 will not count flights while in walk exercise mode

All:

I have noticed that the Apple watch series 3 will not count flights while in walk exercise mode. Is this a known issue?

Posted on Mar 16, 2018 1:08 PM

2 replies

Mar 18, 2018 3:57 PM in response to Charles8it

Hi there, Charles8it!
Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities! It sounds like you are having an issue with the Apple Watch not tracking flights of stairs properly and I am more than happy to help out! I suggest taking a look at this Apple Support Communities thread with a similar issue from DrMargie for My apple watch 3 doesn't track flights climbed …. Specifically, take a look at the reply that has been Apple Recommended by JonathanUK as it appears to have been helpful to the thread owner.
Cheers!

Mar 18, 2018 6:52 PM in response to brenden dv

The flight counter is accurate on my watch. The problem I have is that flights are not counted if I climb flight while in a walk exercise tracking mode.

if I stop the walk exercise before doing the flights, then it works correctly.

I think this is a bug. Shouldn’t they both be able to be tracked at the same time? I climb flights all the time during my walk tracking exercise.

Apple watch S3 will not count flights while in walk exercise mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.