Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos gone???

So my iCloud has randomly deleted all of my photos but when I look at my storage it still says that they are there. It won't let me download them back for some reason.

Posted on Mar 16, 2018 1:07 PM

1 reply

Mar 16, 2018 1:38 PM in response to savvylaynne

Your question is very confusing. Let's take it apart and look at the pieces.

savvylaynne wrote:

So my iCloud has randomly deleted all of my photos

Deleted - from where? From your iPhone? Have you checked using another device to access iCloud Photo Library or Photo Stream?

savvylaynne wrote:

but when I look at my storage it still says that they are there.

What "storage" are you looking at exactly? iCloud storage? iPhone storage? How are you viewing this number?

savvylaynne wrote:

It won't let me download them back for some reason.

"Download them back"? Just exactly how are you attempting to do that?

Not only are the above questions we need answers to, but there are a few more ... at a minimum:

• What model iPhone?
  • What version of iOS?
  • How much total storage is on the iPhone?
  • How much free storage is on the iPhone? (This is almost certainly your issue - not enough free storage.)

Photos gone???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.