Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Can't restore iPhone 5s iTunes backup to iPhone 6, because "incorrect password". Password IS correct.

I just got my new iPhone 6 and am attempting to restore backup of my iPhone 5s from iTunes. Getting error saying password is incorrect. Password is correct, I just verified on Apple's website, and logged in to iTunes with it. What can I do?

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2), null

Posted on

Question marked as Solved
Answer:
Answer:

As Urquhart1244 suggests, you have very likely encrypted your iTunes backup. You must supply the encryption password you created to use the backup.

About encrypted backups in iTunes - Apple Support

Posted on

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies

Page content loaded

Mar 16, 2018 3:02 PM in response to Myemerald In response to Myemerald

An encrypted backup of an iOS device in iTunes on a Mac can have a separate password. It doesn’t have to be the same as the one you use for your Apple ID. If you so selected, you may be able to retrieves from the Keychain Access.

User uploaded file

Mar 16, 2018 3:02 PM

Reply Helpful
Question marked as Solved

Mar 16, 2018 4:38 PM in response to Myemerald In response to Myemerald

As Urquhart1244 suggests, you have very likely encrypted your iTunes backup. You must supply the encryption password you created to use the backup.

About encrypted backups in iTunes - Apple Support

Mar 16, 2018 4:38 PM

Reply Helpful (1)
User profile for user: Myemerald

Question: Can't restore iPhone 5s iTunes backup to iPhone 6, because "incorrect password". Password IS correct.