Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FCP X 10.4: Date/Time display format change control

Final Cut Pro X 10.4

In Titles > Lower Third > Date/Time how do I control the display content of the date and time stamp which appears on the video?

Currently it shows the time and then the date below it such as "6:04 pm" and "March 15, 2018".

How can I instead show the time with seconds (e.g. "6:04:59 PM") and date with day name (e.g. "March 15, 2018 Thursday"?

Final Cut Pro X, macOS Sierra (10.12.6)

Posted on Mar 16, 2018 3:10 PM

1 reply

Mar 17, 2018 3:49 AM in response to Mola.Cat.NM

The title, as is, does not offer a lot of customization options.

If you have Motion, and are reasonably comfortable using it, it is easy to control-click, Open a Copy in Motion, and then make some changes, and publish a few more parameters.

As it happens, the top and bottom lines just use the same Motion text generator, "Time Date", with different parameters.

You probably need just one line, so you can disable the second one, recenter the first one vertically and publish a few parameters - I'd publish "Animate", "Time Format" and "Date Format" at least.

Then you can have

User uploaded file

or

User uploaded file

FCP X 10.4: Date/Time display format change control

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.