Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Pages will not close even using Force Quit

My Pages won't close even using Force Quit

MacBook Pro, iOS 6.1.4

Posted on Mar 16, 2018 7:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 16, 2018 8:09 PM

Press COMMAND-OPTION-ESC, select Pages in the Task Manager list then click on the Force Quit button. If this does not work then open Activity Monitor in the Utilities’ folder. Locate Pages in the list of processes then click on the kill button in the upper-left corner. If this does not work then open Terminal in the Utilities’ folder. Copy and paste into the Terminal window at the prompt: killall Pages ; reboot then press RETURN.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 16, 2018 8:09 PM in response to PettiK

Press COMMAND-OPTION-ESC, select Pages in the Task Manager list then click on the Force Quit button. If this does not work then open Activity Monitor in the Utilities’ folder. Locate Pages in the list of processes then click on the kill button in the upper-left corner. If this does not work then open Terminal in the Utilities’ folder. Copy and paste into the Terminal window at the prompt: killall Pages ; reboot then press RETURN.

Mar 16, 2018 8:13 PM in response to PettiK

The usual cause for an App not closing is that the Print dialogue is open somewhere.

I have never encountered a case of an open App not being able to force quit unless the whole Operating System is locked up and in those cases (rare) you need to pull the plug.

I suspect, you have given no details, that you are using the wrong keyboard shortcut (option command escape) and/or have not used:

Menu > Apple > Force Quit > click the red App name

Peter

My Pages will not close even using Force Quit

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.