Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My new x is twelve hours into "it may take a few minutes to set up your Apple ID" is this normal?

I bought a new I phone x. I set passcode and face I d. Now it says," it may take a few minutes to set up your Apple ID " for twelve hours. Is this normal?

iPhone X, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on Mar 17, 2018 5:34 AM

1 reply

Mar 17, 2018 5:53 PM in response to michaelfrommattapoisett

Hello michaelfrommattapoisett,

Congratulations on your new iPhone X! It's my understanding that your receiving an error "it may take a few minutes to set up your Apple ID" when trying to set up your passcode and Face ID.
I can imagine being concerned after waiting 12 hours. I'm happy to help.

If you haven't already, try restarting your iPhone. Restarting can resolve many unexpected behaviors.
Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If you're unable to restart normally, force restart. Press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Then, press and hold the Side button until you see the Apple logo. If the behavior continues try testing on another Wi-Fi network.

Let us know the results. Please include any other troubleshooting steps you may have tried.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

My new x is twelve hours into "it may take a few minutes to set up your Apple ID" is this normal?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.