Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iphone warranty?

Hello Every One

I got an exchanged iphone6s 64gb against my previous purchase of iphone6s which was a blacklisted phone and after almost 4months I got a NON-ACTIVE IPHONE6S yesterday itself and upon checking with the IMEI no in the Apple website for coverage it is still showing that the said iphone needs to be activated that I have understood well but my question is whether after the activation of my iphone do am I going to get the warranty for 12months?

Your replies on the my above query is highly needed and would be highly appreciated too.

Thanks

Best Regards to all in the Apple community

Partho

iPhone 6s, iOS 11.0.1

Posted on Mar 17, 2018 7:37 AM

5 replies

Mar 17, 2018 8:18 AM in response to partho_chowdhury

This whole topic strikes me as you are getting bad information from your sources.

http://www.apple.com/legal/warranty/products/iphone-english.html

WHAT IS COVERED BY THIS WARRANTY?

Apple Inc. of One Infinite Loop, Cupertino, California, U.S.A. 95014 (“Apple”) warrants the Apple-branded iPhone, iPad or iPod hardware product and accessories contained in the original packaging (“Apple Product”) against defects in materials and workmanship when used normally in accordance with Apple's published guidelines for a period of ONE (1) YEAR from the date of original retail purchase by the end-user purchaser ("Warranty Period"). Apple’s published guidelines include but are not limited to information contained in technical specifications, user manuals and service communications.

No, you cannot buy a phone, stick it in a box for 5 years, activate it and then expect it to be under warranty from the time of activation.

Mar 17, 2018 8:34 AM in response to partho_chowdhury

I don't believe anyone is posing these questions to be rude to you. So far all I see are questions asking for the context of how you acquired this device to help answer your initial query. Especially trying to understand if it was a device that was authorized by Apple for sale in the country where you obtained it and planned to use it. There are a lot of gray-market iPhones, and that creates serious issues with getting warranty or out of warranty service from Apple or its network of service providers.

I think one concern was whether or not you received what is known as a "replacement device". Those are only issued as replacements (may be new or refurbished) for previous devices and generally carry the remainder of the previous warranty (or sometimes 90 days). They also have a specific beginning to the model number to identify one as a replacement device.

So however this was handled for you, it depends on whether or not the seller handled it as a sale. Apple says that warranties start on the date of retail sale. So waiting to activate the phone will not delay the start of the warranty period.

My iphone warranty?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.