Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macbook air keeps restarting

My macbook will not stop restarting unless it is hooked up to a charger. It only lasts till I log onto my computer for it to then restart again. What can I do?

MacBook Air, macOS Sierra (10.12.6)

Posted on Mar 17, 2018 11:58 AM

3 replies

Mar 17, 2018 12:16 PM in response to martinaca

It's a matter of battery usage, not age. If you open System Information in the Utilities’ folder then select Power from the list then all your battery information and stats will be displayed on the right. Be sure you are on battery power when you do this so you get all the data. The most relevant data are Cycles count, Condition, is the battery charged fully, full charge mAHs and current mAHs. A new battery would have 1,000 cycles. If you have already used 800 or more cycles, then the battery is near needing replacement. If Condition is less than Good then the battery should be replaced. If the number of mAHs when charged is much less than the Full Charge mAHs, then the battery may be failing.

macbook air keeps restarting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.