Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transparent images PNG files in Keynote

I tried to drag a PNG image file into my KeyNote presentation but the white background still there and not transparent. I thought PNG file suppose to be transparent in Keynote. Is there anyway to make the image transparent without the white background??

I am running Keynote 7.31 under High Sierra.

Thanks.

MacBook Pro, iOS 10.3.1, OS is Sierra 10.12.4

Posted on Mar 17, 2018 6:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 18, 2018 4:04 AM

Images must already have a transparency channel attached to the image file created in an image editing application for transparency to work.

If the image has a single colour background (e.g. white) it can be removed in Keynote using the instant Alph tool: Format > Image > Instant Alpha

Click and drag the cursor over the background to remove.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 18, 2018 4:04 AM in response to chipchipfromscarborough

Images must already have a transparency channel attached to the image file created in an image editing application for transparency to work.

If the image has a single colour background (e.g. white) it can be removed in Keynote using the instant Alph tool: Format > Image > Instant Alpha

Click and drag the cursor over the background to remove.

Transparent images PNG files in Keynote

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.