Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Aperture → Photos Workflow

Hi all,

After having lost a lot of hairs pulling them out of my head because of Photo.app's excruciatingly slow performance, and being a professional photographer who regularly uses Aperture, but needs iCloud sharing for the family, I'd like to have some perspective on this.

Any semi-/professional photographers out there who successfully has integrated an Aperture -> Photos workflow? Here I think regarding an optimal flow where say, a minimum of duplicate photos are present but where you get the speed and professional editing of Aperture while at the same time utilising the iCloud (family) sharing capabilities. Optimally with minimal pressure on the daily workflow (perhaps using macros or the like).

Any input and ideas will be highly appreciated.

Cheers,

Massimo

Posted on Mar 18, 2018 4:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 18, 2018 4:34 AM

Disregard this. I made the mistake of writing Aperture instead of Lightroom (still mixes those two up after all these years), and I cannot edit nor delete this entry, so I was forced to create a new, and correct one instead. Sorry for any troubles.

Similar questions

4 replies

Mar 18, 2018 4:37 AM in response to Massimo Fiorentino

but needs iCloud sharing for the family

Massimo, how are you planning to use iCloud Sharing for family? There is nearly no support for sharing photos in iCloud with the family in Photos, other than the shared photo album. But you can use shared photo albums from Aperture as well.

So I do not see, what you want to gain by using Photos with family sharing? You can share paid iCloud Storage with the family, but not the Photos Library.

Mar 18, 2018 5:02 AM in response to Massimo Fiorentino

iCloud is very user centric. It is great to keep the photo library, music library, the documents and data in sync across multiple devices, even with different versions of MacOS X and iOS on the devices. It saves a lot of work. But there is nearly no support for collaboration between several users in iCloud. You can share iWork documents and purchased items (apps, music, books).

I'm sorry to hear, you were hit by the bug that makes Photos slow and erratic. It seems to apply only to certain Mac models. For me it is working well on macOS 10.13.3, and I am now using a combination of Photos, Luminar 2018, and Aurora HDR; Photos for the integration of iCloud, and Luminar and Aurora for editing - as Photo Editing extension.

Aperture → Photos Workflow

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.