Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Purchased ring tones no longer work after upgrade to iOS 11

Since my upgrade of my iPhone 6S to iOS 11 some months ago, my special ring tones no longer work. (I have waited this long hoping that this would be corrected in an update.)

The special ring tones (wife, family, friends) were purchased from the iTunes store and used to work in the previous iOS. They are still there on the iPhone. When I select edit of a contact to select the ring tone, it correctly plays the ring tone. I save that change. However, when that person calls me, my iPhone rings with one of the default ring tones — not the one saved for that person.

This problem is for all the ring tones that I had purchased.

How to correct this?

Thank you in advance for your help.

iPhone 6s, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on Mar 19, 2018 10:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 19, 2018 12:12 AM

the iPhone has healed itself. Don't know how but things are now working correctly.

The only thing that I can think of is that when I looked at sounds, the system offered to download the purchased ring tones. I did so.

So, maybe the ring tones (or the links to them) were lost/broken during one of the iOS updates.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 19, 2018 12:12 AM in response to mark louis uhrich

the iPhone has healed itself. Don't know how but things are now working correctly.

The only thing that I can think of is that when I looked at sounds, the system offered to download the purchased ring tones. I did so.

So, maybe the ring tones (or the links to them) were lost/broken during one of the iOS updates.

Purchased ring tones no longer work after upgrade to iOS 11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.