Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Videos not playing in Photos application

Any solution for videos not playing in Photos? Have moved some to desktop from iPhotos (some duplicates also) and may have a meta-data or 'connection ' issue. Any suggestions ?

Thanks.....

MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2017), macOS High Sierra (10.13.3)

Posted on Mar 21, 2018 10:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 21, 2018 3:01 PM

Larry,

Thanks for the reply. A lot of these videos were taken using an Canon camera and transferred to my 2011 MBP into iPhotos ......and iPhotos always opened/played them. Sometime after the move to Photo something happened ......not sure what... When I try to play them now (after moving them to a desktop folder for isolation/ to remind me to try and fix the problem some time) here is what I get:

..................can't seem to paste...is there a way?

Thanks......

User uploaded fileUser uploaded fileUser uploaded file

User uploaded file

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 21, 2018 3:01 PM in response to LarryHN

Larry,

Thanks for the reply. A lot of these videos were taken using an Canon camera and transferred to my 2011 MBP into iPhotos ......and iPhotos always opened/played them. Sometime after the move to Photo something happened ......not sure what... When I try to play them now (after moving them to a desktop folder for isolation/ to remind me to try and fix the problem some time) here is what I get:

..................can't seem to paste...is there a way?

Thanks......

User uploaded fileUser uploaded fileUser uploaded file

User uploaded file

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

Videos not playing in Photos application

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.