Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV 4K wifi speed terrible

I have an Apple TV 4k that shows .34 Mbps using Okla.'s Speediest app, while my wife's 2008 macho is getting 34 Mbps and my iPhone 7 is getting spotty results-10-33 Mbps. I've restarted the apple tv, but it should obviously work, especially since my other devices in the same room are getting better results. Nothing else is using any bandwidth-kids are gone, momma's busy without her phone. I have an Apple Airport Express AC router, no more than 50' away. I also moved the apple tv to the top of the media cabinet, just to rule out the possibility of interference. This is incredibly frustrating, since the device is the latest and greatest. Any ideas?

Apple TV 4K, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on Mar 22, 2018 1:39 PM

Similar questions

4 replies

Apr 8, 2018 9:39 PM in response to rcworship

Well, nobody ever commented, but for those of you with a similar problem, I moved this stupid little box 18 inches away from where it sat and the speed suddenly jumped up 15 Mbps. Moved it to the floor and saw my full speed...I also changed the HDMI cable in case that was a concern. Apparently this doesn't like to play next to a Vizio TV...She works now.

Apple TV 4K wifi speed terrible

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.