Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

all of a sudden all of the podcasts that I listen to play at double speed. How do I get them playing at normal speed again?

All of a sudden all of the podcasts that I listen to on my iPhone 7 play at double speed. How do I get them playing at normal speed again?

iPhone 7, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on Mar 23, 2018 12:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 26, 2018 3:27 AM

Tap the speed control button to change the playing speed back to normal speed.

In the Podcasts app, go to the Now Playing screen by tapping on the Now Playing ribbon to make it full screen

User uploaded file

On the bottom part of the screen you will see the speed control; it sounds as though it's set to 2x (speed)

User uploaded file

Tap the 2x icon and it will change to 1/2x (half speed). Tap it a second time to change it to 1x

User uploaded file

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 26, 2018 3:27 AM in response to dreas100

Tap the speed control button to change the playing speed back to normal speed.

In the Podcasts app, go to the Now Playing screen by tapping on the Now Playing ribbon to make it full screen

User uploaded file

On the bottom part of the screen you will see the speed control; it sounds as though it's set to 2x (speed)

User uploaded file

Tap the 2x icon and it will change to 1/2x (half speed). Tap it a second time to change it to 1x

User uploaded file

all of a sudden all of the podcasts that I listen to play at double speed. How do I get them playing at normal speed again?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.