Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV download

Downloading TV shows to my Apple TV (1st Gen) has slowed to the point that standard def takes betwee 20-40 minutes and I won’t do movies any more. iTune movies and tv shows download immediately and stream seamlessly if I watch on iPad Air 2, but not on Apple TV. I have NBN and am in Brisbane and everything else with reg to internet works fine including Netflix.

Apple TV

Posted on Mar 24, 2018 3:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 25, 2018 6:20 AM

Good morning gemfromoz!

It sounds like you're having some trouble with downloads being slow on your Apple TV. It's important to be able to watch movies when you want, so I'll be happy to help out with this.

Take a look at this article which can solve many issues related to slow speeds on your Apple TV. Check it out here:
Get help with Wi-Fi networks on your Apple TV - Apple Support

If you're still having issues after following those steps, make sure there's no interference in the area:
Potential sources of Wi-Fi and Bluetooth interference - Apple Support

Take care!
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 25, 2018 6:20 AM in response to gemfromoz

Good morning gemfromoz!

It sounds like you're having some trouble with downloads being slow on your Apple TV. It's important to be able to watch movies when you want, so I'll be happy to help out with this.

Take a look at this article which can solve many issues related to slow speeds on your Apple TV. Check it out here:
Get help with Wi-Fi networks on your Apple TV - Apple Support

If you're still having issues after following those steps, make sure there's no interference in the area:
Potential sources of Wi-Fi and Bluetooth interference - Apple Support

Take care!

Mar 25, 2018 6:31 AM in response to Joseph_S.

Thank you for trying to help me Joseph. Unfortunately, I had checked for these issues already. This is not a generalised problem, as these solutions would imply. Every other device I have is working well with the internet; it is just my Apple TV that has slowed down dramatically over the past few months. I have seen on the internet that this is an issue for many others as well, but I have not seen a targeted solution.

I do however, appreciate your attempt to help, thank you.

Apple TV download

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.