Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2 week wait to reset Apple ID password??

I have forgotten my Apple ID password and attempted to reset it by using the standard "Forgot my Password" option. I had to enter a code that was sent to my mobile phone and was then asked to confirm my credit card details. The Apple site rejected my credit card. I received an email saying I would receive instructions about how to reset my password on 6 April (two weeks away!) When I phoned Apple support the operator confirmed that my credit card details were correct and escalated my call to a "superior". The superior said there was nothing he could do, and that I would be locked out of my Apple account for two weeks. (His excuse for the two-week waiting period was some complicated story that Apple has had problems with ID theft after people have had their Apple devices stolen.)

A two-week wait to reset my Apple ID password is ridiculous and unacceptable. Apple should be able to ID me via my email, mobile, credit card number, or via security questions. 😠

MacBook Pro, macOS High Sierra (10.13.3)

Posted on Mar 25, 2018 12:09 AM

4 replies

2 week wait to reset Apple ID password??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.