Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using iMac only Photo Booth pics show in media browser

I am using iMac with High Sierra 10.13.3. I am trying to do a presentation using Powerpoint but when I try to add a photo and click on media browser ONLY photo booth shows.

I have reloaded the Photos library etc but nothing seems to help.

I have done this in the past but it may have been BEFORE I updated to High Sierra - is this the problem?

HELP - but please do not be too technical - I am a struggling oap.

iMac, macOS High Sierra (10.13.3)

Posted on Mar 26, 2018 5:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 31, 2018 1:46 PM

Just tried Keynote - disappointed that I am unable to sort problems with PowerPoint but Keynote does the job perfectly - AND ties in nicely to PowerPoint and my older presentations.

Many thanks for your interest, help and suggestion.

5 replies

Mar 30, 2018 3:49 AM in response to yvonnefrompeterborough

To see your Photos Library in the Media Browser, make sure the Photos > Preferences > General are set to use your Photos Library as the System Photos Library. The Option "Use as System Photos Library" needs to be grayed out. And you need a newer version of PowerPoint, that has been updated to be fully compatible with Photos. I can see my Photos Library in PowerPoint 16.11.1, but not in any of the Microsoft Office 2011 applications.

Mar 30, 2018 4:01 AM in response to yvonnefrompeterborough

Then your PowerPoint version may be too old.

Which version of Microsoft Office are you using?

Have you considered to use Keynote instead of PowerPoint? Keynote is now free at the App Store and integrates well with Photos 3.0 in High Sierra. You can open your PowerPoints presentations in Keynote. I switched from PowerPoint to Keynote some years ago to make slideshows.

Using iMac only Photo Booth pics show in media browser

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.