Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why would Guest User suddenly be turned on without admin action?

Tonight when I started my Mac, the Guest User account appeared in my list of accounts (on the sign-in screen). After logging into my admin account, I checked System Prefs and the Guest User account was indeed enabled. I did not do this. I never enable Guest User on any of my Macs. How might this have happened?

(I did disable the Guest User account in SysPrefs and restarted my Mac just for good measure. It's no longer enabled at this point. And btw, I checked and have no reason to believe there is any malware on my Mac.)

iMac, macOS High Sierra (10.13.2), 27in/2.7GHz i5/8GB RAM/1TB+10TB

Posted on Mar 26, 2018 7:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 27, 2018 5:35 AM

No , not like that I am single Mac user ( had always an admin account ) , guests never are enabled in Mac , used these settings always .This is for system preferences > iCloud > find my Mac is checked and in location service the box is checked , it was slight flaw previously now using Mac OS high Sierra 10.13.3 this problem never occurred , may with the help of all upcoming updates .See this article macOS Sierra: Use Find My Mac

And guests have very less privileges they can only browse read this article macOS Sierra: Guest user pane of System Preferences

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 27, 2018 5:35 AM in response to MartinR

No , not like that I am single Mac user ( had always an admin account ) , guests never are enabled in Mac , used these settings always .This is for system preferences > iCloud > find my Mac is checked and in location service the box is checked , it was slight flaw previously now using Mac OS high Sierra 10.13.3 this problem never occurred , may with the help of all upcoming updates .See this article macOS Sierra: Use Find My Mac

And guests have very less privileges they can only browse read this article macOS Sierra: Guest user pane of System Preferences

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Mar 27, 2018 5:03 AM in response to MartinR

Further thought ...

As I researched what might have enabled the Guest User account, I remembered that earlier in the day I had enabled Find My Mac which in turn required me to enable Location Services (both had previously been disabled since installation). I wonder if that may have been what enabled the Guest User account ...

Why would Guest User suddenly be turned on without admin action?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.