Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone photos won't import to Mac Photos

Usually when I plug in my Iphone 6s to my macbook air Itunes and photos pops up. Recently only Itunes pops up and not photos. When I clicked on the photos app on my mac it did not recognize my phone and gave me no option to import it. I would like to find a way to import my photos like I usually do and not using Icloud. I tried air dropping it but it only puts my pictures on preview and not in Iphotos. How do I get my photos to upload on Iphotos if it gives me no option to import it?

Thank you in advance for your help.

iPhone 6s, Macbook air

Posted on Mar 27, 2018 12:33 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Mar 27, 2018 1:19 PM in response to valleygirl818

Hello valleygirl818,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. It's my understanding that your iPhone isn't recognized by Photos on your Mac, this is preventing you from importing your photos. My photos are very valuable and I like keeping copies on my Mac as well. I can surely see how this could be concerning. I'm happy to help.

Although photos are imported using the Photos app, iTunes 12.5.1 or later is also required. Make sure iTunes is up to date on your MacBook Air.
Update to the latest version of iTunes

If the issue persists, take a look at the link below. Review the section "Import to Mac", and make sure you've followed the appropriate steps:
Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If you're still unable to import photos, use the following link for further assistance
If you can‘t import photos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your computer

Let us know the results. Please include any additional troubleshooting steps you may have tried.

Have great day!

Iphone photos won't import to Mac Photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.