Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV Home Sharing and Windows 10 does it work yet?

I rolled my computer back to Windows 7 about 2years ago when I bought it so that it would work with my extensive itunes library, did not work back in Aug 2016 when purchased.

Would like to roll my PC back up to Windows 10 for more functionality, if the problem has been fixed. Can anyone tell me if they are using windows 10 with there apple tv's and home sharing through them and if there are any specifics, I have to do, to line it out?

Thanks, rickrt37

Windows 10, Rolled back to Windows 7

Posted on Mar 27, 2018 12:25 PM

3 replies

Mar 28, 2018 3:07 PM in response to Rudegar

It's not so much that it doesn't work with Windows10, however it would not let my share with the Apple tv device. That was the drawback initially, and I would like to get confirmation that it is working before I go and roll the computer back up to Windows 10. Since it has been a year and a half, I would think it should have the problems lined out, just don't want to go through that whole process and find out my Windows10 won't share with Apple tv device, again.

So if you are using Windows10 and sharing to your Apple tv and it is working to view your movies on your tv. Then that's the okay I need to go ahead and roll it back up.

Thanks for your time in this matter, rickrt37

Mar 28, 2018 5:03 PM in response to rickrt37

I think your expectation is the issue really

the appletv will access iTunes shared lib

the appletv will do airplay

the appletv will access whatever the apps you install support

it will not support your shared drives on your networks or nas or the likes out of the box

and if you can't find apps which provide that service you will likely not get it

Apple TV Home Sharing and Windows 10 does it work yet?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.