Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos recognition algorithm is not recognizing faces that it used to recognize.

Seems that the Photos facial recognition algorithm is not recognizing faces that it used to recognize. Over the last 15 years I have built a Photos library of over 20,000 pictures and 150 faces. The software used to be very good at recognizing new instances of faces it identified before and NEVER forgot the original face. Now it seems to forget faces randomly and switches them, e.g. identifying a picture of my wife as aa picture of someone I work with or as a stranger of the bus! How do I fix this???

iPhoto '11, macOS High Sierra (10.13.3), null

Posted on Mar 27, 2018 8:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 28, 2018 5:29 AM

Remove any wrong classified faces from the People albums with wrong matches.

• Open the People albums of all persons, one after the other.
  • Click "Show all", to ensure, that you are not only seeing a summary.
  • Then select all wrong matches in the album of this person and click "... is not in this photo" or "this is not ..." if you are viewing the faces thumbnails instead of the photos.

If you are syncing your photos with iCloud Photo Library, do this on all devices.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 28, 2018 5:29 AM in response to davidc98012

Remove any wrong classified faces from the People albums with wrong matches.

• Open the People albums of all persons, one after the other.
  • Click "Show all", to ensure, that you are not only seeing a summary.
  • Then select all wrong matches in the album of this person and click "... is not in this photo" or "this is not ..." if you are viewing the faces thumbnails instead of the photos.

If you are syncing your photos with iCloud Photo Library, do this on all devices.

Photos recognition algorithm is not recognizing faces that it used to recognize.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.