Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I recover info from a Contact?

While using my iPad, I accidentally deleted some information from the "note" portion of a Contact.

This deletion automatically updated on my iMac and my iMac, so I've lost that information everywhere.

Is there some way to recover that 'note' info?

(Fwiw, I do use Time Machine. I looked in my Time Machine backup but did not see my Contacts list. I only could find the Contact Application itself. Maybe I did not know where/how to find the lost information in Time Machine)

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

iMac, Mac user since 1984

Posted on Mar 28, 2018 2:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 13, 2018 9:39 AM

I called 1-800-myapple and they steered me towards this solution.

• open icloud.com in your browser
  • select Settings from dropdown menu located beneath your user name in upper right corner
  • in the next window, select Restore Contacts in the Advanced section located in lower left of window
  • select the date from those offered in the archive list

Tip: Only the the recent 2 to 3 weeks of Contacts are archived so if you're needing data older than that (like I was) you're out of luck.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 13, 2018 9:39 AM in response to Tesserax

I called 1-800-myapple and they steered me towards this solution.

• open icloud.com in your browser
  • select Settings from dropdown menu located beneath your user name in upper right corner
  • in the next window, select Restore Contacts in the Advanced section located in lower left of window
  • select the date from those offered in the archive list

Tip: Only the the recent 2 to 3 weeks of Contacts are archived so if you're needing data older than that (like I was) you're out of luck.

Mar 28, 2018 2:51 PM in response to Tesserax

Thanks for that suggestion. However, I still cannot find the deleted data.

I opened Contacts. Then opened Time Machine. While in Time Machine, when I would search for the affected Contact, the desktop would close Time Machine and revert back to real-time.

I may be incorrectly doing something which is very basic. Is there a tutorial to which I should look at for instruction?

Can I recover info from a Contact?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.