Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a way to disable the annotate function with the Apple Pencil? I would previously use it to make precise adjustments to the size of my text boxes or images instead of with my finger (which I have always found awkward and less precise)?

I’ve been trying to use Pages to create a document on my iPad Pro. I use the pencil to create precise changes to my text boxes and pictures. I find using my finger awkward and less precise. This new annotation feature takes away my billet he to use the Apple Pencil to make these changes. Is there a way to disable this feature?

Posted on Mar 29, 2018 8:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 30, 2018 7:57 AM

I find this update really annoying. Now I have no option but using my finger to work with "Pages" documents because every time the pencil touches the screen this new drawing function takes over the document.

Similar questions

6 replies

Is there a way to disable the annotate function with the Apple Pencil? I would previously use it to make precise adjustments to the size of my text boxes or images instead of with my finger (which I have always found awkward and less precise)?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.