Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't sign into Messages or FaceTime on my iPad

My daughter recently gave me her old iPad and we have restored all settings before setting it up as a new iPad with my AppleId. All other AppleID services are working as expected, however I get an error whenever I try to sign-in on Messages or FaceTime.

I've followed all the advice I can currently find on the subject, checked TimeZone, reset the iPad again, logged out etc., etc. and waited for over a week to see if that affected activation. My son and daughter have both tried logging into FaceTime on the device and it works fine for them, so l'm drawing the conclusion that it is something to do with my AppleId. With that thought in mind I created a completely new AppleId and reset the iPad again and set it up with the new ID. Same problem. I'm complete baffled as to the problem as I can use both my AppleIds for FaceTime on my old iPhone 4 over Wi-Fi.

can anyone suggest a solution?

iPad Wi-Fi, iOS 9.3.5

Posted on Mar 30, 2018 3:26 AM

3 replies

Apr 1, 2018 9:35 AM in response to sterling r

ok, I've tried all the suggestions in that latest link. I've also done some further tests and the puzzle gets even stranger....

i have looged into FaceTime on my son's iPad without any issues. I also got straight into FaceTime on his Macbook when he set me up with a new account on it. In case you missed it in my original post, my son can log into FaceTime on my iPad with his ID.

The he only combination we can't get working, is my AppleID logging into FaceTime on my iPad. I'm baffled.

I can't sign into Messages or FaceTime on my iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.