Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My latest Update 31-03-2018 Screen share!!!

I own 2 iMac both 27inch running macOS High Sierra version 10.13.4

This morning working on both iMac i noticed a new! software update

After the update i carried on working on both using screen sharing, only to find screen sharing is no longer working well. This only occurred after the update.

I restarted both computers. Log in to my main computer. fine. Logged in to my other computer using screen share. .Fine. However when i open the shared screen to a full out screen, i do not have control over my mouse, i can only control the others screen if i leave the screen size as it is, without opening the screen to max.

This worked great all morning and now the update this does not work at all.

Posted on Mar 31, 2018 3:23 AM

Similar questions

9 replies

Apr 1, 2018 11:38 PM in response to 24bit_192khz_Music

Same here for me. I generally use my iMac Pro to control the other computers in my house (several 15" MBPs and my wife's MacBook Air) in screen sharing. I can still open screen sharing and with that window open I can control those computers, but I like to put those windows into full screen and when I do I see that my trackpad no longer moves the cursor on the targeted machine. That is pretty much worthless for how I've used this setup for the last number of years and I want it back!

Really curious what is going on, I see no prefs I can change to affect this.

Apr 2, 2018 3:35 AM in response to Joel Hall

Hi Joel,

It seem that we both have the same problem. i also like the full out screen so that i can use the 2 fingers on the mouse (LOL thats coming out wrong LOL) to move the screen out of the way and work on the screen. I hope someone from R&D Apple are happy. NOT! Why do Apple employee staff who just keep causing more problems than they solve !!

Apr 2, 2018 2:29 PM in response to 24bit_192khz_Music

Exactly the same issue, directly related to macOS High Sierra 10.13.4 following the Supplemental Update.

Any resizing to the default Screen Sharing window causes the session to hang. Interestingly it does work in certain situations, here is what I tested:

2016 new MBP 13" -> 2011 MBP 15" - resizing no longer works

2016 new MBP 13" -> MacBook 12" (still running 10.13.3) - resizing still works

MacBook 12" (still running 10.13.3) -> 2011 MBP 15" - resizing still works

Clear regression, needs fixing ASAP please.

Apr 3, 2018 9:39 AM in response to 24bit_192khz_Music

Interesting development today, full screen sharing now fully works! I am able to move my cursor around the screen and it actually can move and I can actually see it. Last time I tried it in full screen mode I could see the other computer's cursor just sitting on the screen while I was moving my cursor, which i could see when in the boundary around the shared computer's screen but not when I moved over its screen.

Not sure what happened that it now works. I did reboot the iMac Pro last night, the only thing I can think of that I changed. I also rebooted my Fioptics ONT (like a modem for our fiber optic internet) and the Time Capsule which is our wifi/ethernet router. These could have fixed it, or have nothing to do with it. ::grin::

I am very happy to have it working again. I often have three full screen spaces of other computers on my two displays and depend upon those working so I don't have to move to another room to use the various computers.

Best wishes,

Apr 6, 2018 1:57 PM in response to patricefromarbon

I was seeing a similar problem today. First, Screen Sharing on my 2017 MBP 15" was asking for the login to the Mac Mini which I use headless and control via screen sharing. I have used this setup for many years and it has not asked for a login in a very long time. I logged in and immediately had issues. The cursor would disappear as soon as you moved off of the Screen Sharing menus. The mini is connected to my AV system so I can see it via my TV when needed. Turned TV on and could see the Mini cursor there, but never on the MBP unless I moved it to the Screen Sharing main menus. Rebooted both computers - no change. Finally, after noodling around, I changed the quality setting from Adaptive to Full. Poof! now I have a cursor on the Macbook Pro. However, this was not permanent. The next time I launched Screen Sharing the same invisible cursor problem was present again. I was already in Full quality so I had to select Adaptive and then select Full again. Cursor reappeared. It's a fix, but Apple needs to look into this.

Give this a try and see if it helps. Look under the View menu in Screen Sharing for the quality settings.

Apr 10, 2018 1:58 AM in response to 24bit_192khz_Music

UPDATE 🙂

Every day i have turned my two computer off at night and back on in the morning

I have carried out a disk utility on both computers each day to repair anything it thinks is wrong.

Anyway this morning i tested both Screen sharing and today found it worked (its working again) 😕 🙂

Ill keep you posted if anything changes, but not sure why after around 10 days its started today.

Apr 10, 2018 10:28 AM in response to 24bit_192khz_Music

MY UPDATE!!! ::grin::

Until the other day screen sharing in full screen had been working fine, now it's gone back to intermittently working- sometimes the cursor does not move or interact with the shared screen.

I have found that if I interact with the shared computer's screen before putting it in full screen it will almost certainly work in full screen.

My latest Update 31-03-2018 Screen share!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.