Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: iTunes 12.7.4 Album Artwork Display

Hello, is anyone else having album artwork display issues under iTunes 12.7.4.76? Under Albums view not all of my album art thumbnails are displaying. I tried deleting the artwork cache but I am still having the same problem. The artwork appears to still be imbedded in the file, but it won't display. It's probably a bug and I have sent a report but I want to see if anyone else is having the same issue?

Posted on

Question marked as Helpful

Apr 1, 2018 9:18 AM in response to Fortang In response to Fortang

It seems to be a problem with cover art that does not have a exact square resolution.

Artwork with a resolution of 600x600 or 1400x1400 is displayed fine. Artwork with a resolution of 703x630 is not displayed, even though it is artwork from the iTunes store.

Switching from album display to artist display and back solves the issue and makes the artwork displayed, so does scrolling up and down and waiting some time.

It's a bug in iTunes 12.7.4 as all artwork was displayed fine in the previous iTunes version.

I hope a fix will be delivered soon.

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies
Question marked as Helpful

Apr 1, 2018 9:18 AM in response to Fortang In response to Fortang

It seems to be a problem with cover art that does not have a exact square resolution.

Artwork with a resolution of 600x600 or 1400x1400 is displayed fine. Artwork with a resolution of 703x630 is not displayed, even though it is artwork from the iTunes store.

Switching from album display to artist display and back solves the issue and makes the artwork displayed, so does scrolling up and down and waiting some time.

It's a bug in iTunes 12.7.4 as all artwork was displayed fine in the previous iTunes version.

I hope a fix will be delivered soon.

Apr 1, 2018 9:18 AM

Reply Helpful (5)

Apr 1, 2018 7:04 PM in response to hardti In response to hardti

Good catch, hardti, although it seems to occur with only some non-square artwork. A lot of my non-square artwork of various proportions shows, but many don't.

Scrolling up and down - and then waiting some time - does not fix the problem for me. I have left overnight with no success (i.e., no loading of artwork).

In the rare case I can tinker around to get the artwork back for a particular album, when I close and reopen itunes, the artwork disappears again. It is always the same albums that are missing artwork.

Deleting the artwork cache does not fix the problem either.

Definitely a bug -- did not happen before the latest update to 12.7.4.76.

Apr 1, 2018 7:04 PM

Reply Helpful (3)

Apr 2, 2018 6:58 AM in response to Joubert In response to Joubert

Correction:

Scrolling up and down several times - and then waiting - does temporarily restore the artwork. However once I close and reopen iTunes, the artwork disappears again. It is always the same albums whose non-square artwork disappears. Definitely a bug with 12.7.4.76.

Apr 2, 2018 6:58 AM

Reply Helpful (2)

Apr 4, 2018 12:21 AM in response to Fortang In response to Fortang

iTunes 12.7.4 > ability to re-size artwork has been removed 😟

Hi Guys , I have downloaded and installed Apples latest update for iTunes - Version 12.7.4

In this new version : iTunes 12.7.4 ...,

Apple has REMOVED from iTunes : their artwork resizing slider ?

*** .., so now - I can no longer make the album covers (ie: artwork) the larger size that I prefer 😠

.., now my album artwork covers all just appear as tiny thumbnails

.., so tiny that its now pointless to even have the artwork there at all ..., not happy 😠

Apr 4, 2018 12:21 AM

Reply Helpful (2)

Apr 5, 2018 5:58 AM in response to Fortang In response to Fortang

Add me to the list of who is having this problem. ITunes 12.7.4.

I am missing some album artwork in, wait for it, album view. I switch to song view, then back to album view and, things appear to be fixed, until the next time I restart iTunes.

For those that did mention the artwork that is not square, for the most part, that is what I'm seeing.

Apr 5, 2018 5:58 AM

Reply Helpful (1)

Apr 5, 2018 7:30 AM in response to Alan From Boston In response to Alan From Boston

I have the same observations as Alan From Boston. Hopefully this will be fixed soon. I'm going to send another bug report if an update isn't forthcoming.

Yes, it's ironic that the purpose of albums view is to display album art and they managed to break that!

Apr 5, 2018 7:30 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: Fortang

Question: iTunes 12.7.4 Album Artwork Display