Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes 12.7.4 Album Artwork Display

Hello, is anyone else having album artwork display issues under iTunes 12.7.4.76? Under Albums view not all of my album art thumbnails are displaying. I tried deleting the artwork cache but I am still having the same problem. The artwork appears to still be imbedded in the file, but it won't display. It's probably a bug and I have sent a report but I want to see if anyone else is having the same issue?

Posted on Mar 31, 2018 5:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 12, 2018 12:52 PM

It will likely be fixed with the next release of iTunes. Or the one after that. You should use Feedback - iTunes - Apple so Apple can get an idea of how many users this issue is affecting. You might also want to go back to iTunes 12.7.3.

Step by step guide to rolling back to iTunes 12.7.3 on a Mac.

1. Close iTunes
  2. Install iTunes 12.6.4, but don't run it
  3. Open Home > Music > iTunes > Previous iTunes Libraries in Finder, or the relevant folder if library is stored elsewhere.
  4. Locate the file with the date when you updated to iTunes 12.7.4, copy it
  5. Go up one level to the iTunes folder and paste
  6. Rename iTunes Library.itl as iTunes Library NEW.itl
  7. Rename the dated file as iTunes Library.itl
  8. Install iTunes 12.7.3
  9. Open iTunes

Your library should be restored to the exact state it was in when you closed it prior to installing iTunes 12.7.4. You can add the media folder to the library to import any additions since then.

tt2

94 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 12, 2018 12:52 PM in response to Fortang

It will likely be fixed with the next release of iTunes. Or the one after that. You should use Feedback - iTunes - Apple so Apple can get an idea of how many users this issue is affecting. You might also want to go back to iTunes 12.7.3.

Step by step guide to rolling back to iTunes 12.7.3 on a Mac.

1. Close iTunes
  2. Install iTunes 12.6.4, but don't run it
  3. Open Home > Music > iTunes > Previous iTunes Libraries in Finder, or the relevant folder if library is stored elsewhere.
  4. Locate the file with the date when you updated to iTunes 12.7.4, copy it
  5. Go up one level to the iTunes folder and paste
  6. Rename iTunes Library.itl as iTunes Library NEW.itl
  7. Rename the dated file as iTunes Library.itl
  8. Install iTunes 12.7.3
  9. Open iTunes

Your library should be restored to the exact state it was in when you closed it prior to installing iTunes 12.7.4. You can add the media folder to the library to import any additions since then.

tt2

Apr 1, 2018 9:18 AM in response to Fortang

It seems to be a problem with cover art that does not have a exact square resolution.

Artwork with a resolution of 600x600 or 1400x1400 is displayed fine. Artwork with a resolution of 703x630 is not displayed, even though it is artwork from the iTunes store.

Switching from album display to artist display and back solves the issue and makes the artwork displayed, so does scrolling up and down and waiting some time.

It's a bug in iTunes 12.7.4 as all artwork was displayed fine in the previous iTunes version.

I hope a fix will be delivered soon.

Oct 11, 2018 5:39 AM in response to Fortang

I'm not just getting it in iTunes. I've converted FLAC files added art work in iTunes and then transferred to Android phone, usually the artwork associates itself with the converted / imported files with in my iTunes library, but annoyingly there is like one song in album that doesn't connect. Very annoying, I've deleted the cache, manually installed artwork, deleted artwork, re-installed and still have this issue. iTunes was a great program for people with existing music collections between 2004 and 2010, but now its crap one hit wonder music downloading device that struggles with music collections that go beyond 'Singles' User uploaded file

Apr 1, 2018 7:04 PM in response to hardti

Good catch, hardti, although it seems to occur with only some non-square artwork. A lot of my non-square artwork of various proportions shows, but many don't.

Scrolling up and down - and then waiting some time - does not fix the problem for me. I have left overnight with no success (i.e., no loading of artwork).

In the rare case I can tinker around to get the artwork back for a particular album, when I close and reopen itunes, the artwork disappears again. It is always the same albums that are missing artwork.

Deleting the artwork cache does not fix the problem either.

Definitely a bug -- did not happen before the latest update to 12.7.4.76.

Apr 4, 2018 12:21 AM in response to Fortang

iTunes 12.7.4 > ability to re-size artwork has been removed 😟

Hi Guys , I have downloaded and installed Apples latest update for iTunes - Version 12.7.4

In this new version : iTunes 12.7.4 ...,

Apple has REMOVED from iTunes : their artwork resizing slider ?

*** .., so now - I can no longer make the album covers (ie: artwork) the larger size that I prefer 😠

.., now my album artwork covers all just appear as tiny thumbnails

.., so tiny that its now pointless to even have the artwork there at all ..., not happy 😠

Apr 5, 2018 5:58 AM in response to Fortang

Add me to the list of who is having this problem. ITunes 12.7.4.

I am missing some album artwork in, wait for it, album view. I switch to song view, then back to album view and, things appear to be fixed, until the next time I restart iTunes.

For those that did mention the artwork that is not square, for the most part, that is what I'm seeing.

iTunes 12.7.4 Album Artwork Display

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.